As we welcome yet another women’s day, it’s time to raise awareness about women’s particular health concerns as they still do not receive the same standard of medical care as their male counterparts. A significant portion of medical research too is designed around men, with symptoms and treatments for conditions predominantly based on the way men typically experience them. Also, the roles and societal expectations often still force many women to ignore or dismiss their medical symptoms till they get worse.
To add to it, excessive stress, environmental pollution, and poor diets have aggravated health issues with younger women now experiencing lifestyle diseases including heart disease, hormonal imbalances, and poor metabolic health much earlier than their predecessors.
Fortunately, the ancient science of Ayurveda recommends the use of several herbs to naturally and safely alleviate many of these concerns. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Hormonal Imbalance – From chemical-based cosmetics & skincare products to deodorants, non-stick cookware, to use of plastic bottles, several items of our daily use can contain a class of chemicals called endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) that interfere with the hormonal balance, making you more susceptible to irregular cycles, acne, PCOS, PCOD, brain fog and, poor reproductive health. Ayurveda has a rich collection of adaptogenic herbs like Shatavari, Tulsi, guduchi, and Ashwagandha to help restore hormonal balance. For example, Shatavari is traditionally known to enhance a women’s reproductive health throughout all the stages of her life. This adaptogenic herb is a rich source of plant-based estrogens that help regulate hormones and enhance overall well-being and energy. Additionally, ORGANIC INDIA Women’s Well Being, a synergistic blend of whole herbs like Guduchi, Tulsi, Shatavari, and Lodhra helps bridge nutrient gaps to restore hormonal balance, reduce bloating and fluid retention and even alleviate menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, and mood swings, insomnia, and depression.
- Acne, hyperpigmentation, and dull complexion - Skin conditions are often indications of deeper concerns including poor circulation, nutrition, and detoxification. Most commercial skincare cosmetics address these concerns only superficially, therefore requiring frequent application and exposing our skin to more artificial chemicals. In addition to a healthy, unprocessed foods diet, Ayurveda recommends the use of herbs like tulsi, giloy, amla, saffron, tulsi, neem, brahmi, turmeric, manjishta, sandalwood, and ashwagandha to help boost skin health and radiance. ORGANIC INDIA Beautiful Skin supplement has been curated with a mix of skin-protective herbs like Turmeric, Red Sandalwood, Manjit root, Tulsi, and Guduchi, that help to purify the blood, reduce inflammation, and heal your skin from within to reveal a clear, radiant, and youthful complexion. Additionally nourishing your skin with certified organic topicals like Facial Serum Kumkumadhi Oil and Women's Body Oil Rose Geranium can help to keep skin even-toned and deeply moisturized with a natural glow. Infused with the revitalizing and nurturing benefits of potent Ayurvedic herbs and pure essential oils, our facial serums and body oils are 100% organic and contain no harmful chemicals or preservatives.
- Constipation and bloating – Poor diet and sleep, food sensitivities to gluten and dairy, or chronic stress can cause or aggravate constipation and bloating, especially around the menstrual cycle. Ayurveda recommends the use of herbs like ginger, tulsi, fennel, coriander, black pepper, clove, turmeric, and cumin to help relieve bloating, and eating a fibre-rich diet to prevent constipation. Introducing a gentle detoxifier like Triphala supplement or powder can help to stimulate digestion, and relieve constipation and bloating by flushing out toxins from the digestive tract. Adding delicious teas like Tulsi Ginger Tea, Tulsi Ginger Turmeric, and Detox Kahwa to your daily regimen can further help to restore digestive strength including promoting liver function to uplift both mood and energy.
- Weight management – Struggling to lose stubborn weight? Ayurveda recommends the use of herbs like fenugreek, guduchi, garcinia cambogia, cinnamon, and rasayanas like Triphala to help lose excess weight. Simple additions like including a daily cup of Tulsi Green Tea or spooning a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar into 250ml of water and sipping it after meals can help revive sluggish metabolism. ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi green tea, a blend of Queen of Herbs, Tulsi, and premium Green tea are rich in antioxidants including catechins, which boost metabolism and provide a natural energy boost, helping you stay active and burn more calories throughout the day. While Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rich in raw enzymes, pectin, and gut-friendly bacteria promotes digestion, regulates sugar levels, and reduces sugar cravings. Supplementing with ORGANIC INDIA Weight Balance can further help you meet your healthy weight goals. Powered with vitamin-C-rich Amalaki, Bhumyamalaki, and Guduchi, Weight Balance helps to stimulate metabolism, lowers stress, and also enhances immune function to keep you fit and full of life.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) – Women are more vulnerable to developing a UTI than men. Dehydration, stress, menopause, unsanitary conditions as well as an overstressed immune system can create ground for urinary Tract Infections. While medical attention is recommended to treat UTIs, Ayurveda suggests a plethora of cooling and immunity-boosting herbs and teas like Tulsi, giloy, coriander, cumin, and fennel to help prevent or reduce the occurrence of UTIs.
Women’s health is ultimately linked to the health of the entire family. We hope we can bring more attention to achieving inclusive health goals for everyone this women's day.