Mother's Day is here!
One of the most demanding roles, mothers today have a lot more to contend with. Between meeting the caregiving demands of the whole family, and working at home and outside of home, mothers are constantly under pressure to get it all done. This pressure saves little time and energy for them to prioritise self-care leaving them chronically stressed and exhausted.
Stress one of being one of the major causes of lifestyle diseases has a damaging effect on both physical and mental health.
This Mother’s Day, let’s make a pledge; let’s give 15 minutes for Maa daily, her own space and time for herself. This is but a small token of appreciation for the one who has devoted countless hours to our wellbeing.
Since most mothers ignore their health, here are a few simple health measures you can introduce in her lifestyle to reduce stress, infuse energy and enhance her sense of well-being.
- Boosting hormonal health – Constant exposure to stress increases the cortisol and adrenaline hormones in the body, upsetting the natural balance of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone leading to mood swings, hot flashes, acne, poor gut health, weight gain, irregular cycles, anxiety, depression and disturbed sleep.
In addition to this, unhealthy diets, skipping meals, inadequate sleep, and excess caffeine further exacerbate the problem. Supplements of hormone-friendly herbs like Shatavari, Ashwagandha, and Women’s Well-being help to restore hormonal balance, stabilize mood, and uplift both energy and resilience in the body.
- Helping to carve out ‘me-time’: Daily alone time or me-time for relaxation, reflection, and revitalization is critical to our well-being. So help enrol her for the yoga class that she’s been planning for ages, or take over the morning responsibilities to enable her to start her day with one pure hour dedicated to self-care or sign her up for a spa session, anything to make her feel relaxed and rejuvenated and appreciated!. You can also gift her Women's Body Oil Rose Geranium. Infused with the revitalising and nurturing benefits of 80 Ayurvedic herbs and pure essential oils including Shatavari and Rose Geranium, this luxuriant oil is specially formulated for women and helps to keep skin feeling nourished, moisturized, and pampered from head to foot.
- Lowering inflammation – One major way stress affects health is by its ability to induce inflammation or slow down the body’s ability to resolve inflammation. Chronic inflammation is the root cause of several ailments like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. In addition to an organic, whole food diet, regular intake of herbs like Tulsi, Turmeric, ginger, garlic, moringa, and cinnamon either fresh or in whole herb supplements or teas like Tulsi Detox Kahwa form can help meet nutritional needs, reduce inflammation, promote immune function and detoxification and boost healing.
- Replacing milk teas with Tulsi teas – A simple measure like replacing the sugary and acidic milk tea with a refreshing cup of Tulsi Green Tea can significantly boost metabolism, help reduce stress and boost overall immunity, and uplifts the mood. Green Tea works synergistically along with the queen of herbs Tulsi to promote gut and liver health as well as increase resilience to infections, allergies, and the damaging effects of pollution. Being low in caffeine, the tea can be had anytime you want to feel refreshed without the fear of disturbing sleep. Explore variants like Tulsi Green Tea Honey Lemon, Tulsi Green Tea Lemon Ginger for more flavours and added benefits
Non-caffeinated versions like Tulsi Ginger Turmeric, Tulsi Honey Chamomile, and Moringa Hibiscus, Tulsi Mulethi offer delicious alternatives and varied health benefits ranging from improved skin health, to better immunity and enhanced digestion. Gift her a pack of Teas to keep both at the workplace and home for a healthy and refreshing uplift.
So this Mother’s day, let's give 15 mins for Maa!
Wake up early and brew her a cup of Tulsi Green Tea and help her enjoy a stress-free morning.
- Restoring good sleep – Getting daily restful sleep is one of the most important ways to look after your mother’s mental and physical well-being. Fluctuating hormones, menopause, and perimenopause can increase the risk of insomnia including difficulty staying asleep. Lack of restful sleep results in impaired immunity, mood swings, depression, weight gain, craving for sugary foods as well as poor mental focus and physical vitality. Instead of relying on artificial means like sleeping pills, nourishing natural herbs like Tulsi, brahmi, and ashwagandha can help improve sleep quality. Also brewing her a daily cup of calming teas like Simply Chamomile tea, Tulsi Honey Chamomile tea, or Tulsi Sleep Infusion can help her relax and ease her into a night of blissful sleep.
Let's make this Mother's Day special by showing our mothers just how much they mean to us by reducing some of the stress and tension they take daily to care for us. So this Mother’s day, let's give 15 mins for Maa! #15minutuesformaa